The son of the owner of the house where the explosives were being manufactured was killed during the JTF operation. He was inside the building between 2-3 a.m. when the operation took place.
Speaking with newsmen on Wednesday in Kano, the 3 Brigade commander, Brigadier-General Ilyasu Abba, said the whole festive period could have been a disaster if the huge amount of weapons being manufactured were not discovered .
Among the dangerous weapons which had already been made for an assignment at the terrorists’ hideout at Gunduwawa village in Gezawa Local Government Area in the ancient city are 193 rounds of 5.3mm ammunition , one AK 47 magazine, 107 rounds of 7.6mm special ammunition and working tools and materials used for making Improvised Explosive Devices (EIDs ).
Others are materials used for making IEDs, which include three primed cylinders of IEDs, one primed explosive suicide back pack , 18 empty IEDs cylinder, small bags of fertilizer, IEDs timers, cortex wires, three remote control devices and 24 detonators.
According to Brigadier-General Abba, the JTF team and the Director of State Security Service (DSSS) stormed the bomb factory between 2- 3 a.m. last Monday and succeeded in killing one of the terrorists, who was the son of the owner of the house, The house was allegedly gave out on hire.
He added that the raid, which was conducted following intelligence report, made no arrest as the terrorists fled the village on the approach of the JTF troop and the DSSS, saying that the security operatives did not attempt to attack the terrorists with maximum equipment because they were cautious not to kill innocent citizens.
Abba further hinted that other dangerous equipment recovered from the bomb factory were five motorola hand held radios, four communicators, six alarm clocks, three cartons of eight-volt batteries, one external hard drive and one heavy duty charger/ battery.
Corroborating Brigadier-General Abba, the state DSSS, Bassey Etang, said the son of the owner of the house, who was killed during the operation was found at the scene of the incident at the odd hour (2-3 a.m on Monday), alleging that he must be a member of Boko Haram since he was among those that gave out the building for hire without the knowledge of his father.
While commending the general public for their unflinching support and useful information being given to the security operatives , the state DSS Bassy Etang assured that every information given would be treated with confidentiality
He noted that without the necessary information from member of the public could have not succeeded in tracking the terrorists.
The DSS who disclosed that the very house where the Boko Haram members were uncovered had been demolish in line with the security regulation , noting that owners of house have been warned several times to be wary of who they who gave their building for rent to afford been demolish if found to be hideout of terrorists.
READ MORE: http://news.naij.com/49353.html,
READ MORE: http://news.naij.com/49353.html
Friday, October 11, 2013
1 comment:
Disclaimer: Comments on the site are not posted by the blog authur,blog readers are responsible for any comments posted on this site . please read, share your opinion and share with friends.thanks. if you got any hot gist for us dont forget to send them to es.okonye@gmail.com, es.okonye@yahoo.com, ogbuefiogochukwu@gmail.com, 0033758374272. Pin: 7F21AD55.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You Missed This Post?
-
Femi Fani Kayode, a Nigerian Politician and a Lawyer has said that he will not allow the non Yoruba's to rule over their land and that Y...
-
Here is the new single of Nigeria Gospel Act, Master Don, Tittle "Favour." you can watch the video Below and download it here ht...
-
UNKNOWN gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted Miss Julie Harry, the daughter of the former Vice-Chairman of the All Nigeria Peop...
-
Boko Haram Bombings : those blaming Jonathan or asking him to resign Should stop forth with. those who created the faceless army boko har...
-
The long awaiting singles by your favourite musician " MasterDon" is out, the one and only talented musician has come out with do...
-
The Long awaited Single by " Cynthia Ukatung" is finally releases. The Seasons, featuring one of Gospel's best Leslie Sackey. ...
-
In a brief chat with Macdonald Obayuwana a.k.a. 'Master Don,' the nigerian gospel singer pays tribute to Nelson mandela. He said......
-
The Bobozzy Master, "Sunnymackson" and the C.E.O of Sunnymackson Entertainment release seasonal greetings to all his friends, fa...
-
There is no sign of when the action will end, despite the Federal Government’s release of N100 billion for renovation of universities’ infra...
-
OVER one hundred suspected kidnappers face the death sentence in Edo State following the signing into law of the state kidnapping law by Gov...

BOKO HARAM PLAN TO STRIKE ON SALLAH DAY
ReplyDelete