"xmlns:fb"=''> * Welcome To Es.Okonye's Blog: I Escaped Jos Blast By 15 Minutes - Ogenyi Onazi

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I Escaped Jos Blast By 15 Minutes - Ogenyi Onazi

Ogenyi Onazi, Super eagles, Bomb blast, Boko haram, Lazio
Super Eagles and Lazio football maestro, Ogenyi Onazi, has told spoken out of how he narrowly escaped the Jos bomb blast that claimed many lives on the 20th of May, 2014.
          The Jos born footballer while speaking in an interview with BBC on Tuesday 27th May, said that the first blast sounded barely 15 minutes after he left the popular Jos Main Market of which over 150 were killed after the second blast occurred. he said,

“I am very, very lucky, just by the grace of God,”
“It was just like an ordinary day. Happy faces and friendly warmth that make you feel happy to be back home.
We had gone to the railway market to get something. I think it was 15 minutes later when we heard the loud blast from the place. And suddenly, people were just running.
There was chaos and pandemonium. There was smoke, I was confused, lost and just wondered what had happened. I had no idea of what was going on and it was scary.
All my life I have never heard a bang or boom like that.”


Onazi also mentioned that the crisis in Nigeria makes it difficult for him to focus on his football as he often gets worried about his family and friends.

“Some will say I should be happy to be alive but I just feel concerned about the security challenges in Jos and Nigeria as a country.
I was born and bred in a peaceful Jos. I may be fortunate enough to live outside the place right now, but I still have my family and friendswho live in the city.
I always get worried when there are reports of terrible incidents there on a regular basis. It’s sad and depressing to live with this.”

He called on the federal government to tighten up security measures as many lives are being lost.

“Personally, I think there is a need for a holistic approach to solving this problem once and for all.”

The Lazio of Italy midfielder is currently with the super eagles in London as they look forward to end Scotland's five games unbeaten streak in an international friendly which takes place today, 28th May 2014.

1 comment:

Disclaimer: Comments on the site are not posted by the blog authur,blog readers are responsible for any comments posted on this site . please read, share your opinion and share with friends.thanks. if you got any hot gist for us dont forget to send them to es.okonye@gmail.com, es.okonye@yahoo.com, ogbuefiogochukwu@gmail.com, 0033758374272. Pin: 7F21AD55.

You Missed This Post?