"xmlns:fb"=''> * Welcome To Es.Okonye's Blog: Osun principal leaves hospital, denies removing pupil’s hijab

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Osun principal leaves hospital, denies removing pupil’s hijab

A woman wearing hijab
The Principal of Baptist High School, Ejigbo, Osun State, Mr. Layi Oguntola, who was beaten up by some Muslim youths in his office on Monday for allegedly sending away an hijab-wearing pupil, has been discharged from the hospital.
Oguntola had been on admission at the Baptist Medical Centre since Monday when the youths that stormed the school descended on him till Wednesday when he left the hospital.
The principal, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone, denied removing hijab from the head of Romoke, the female student at the centre of the crisis.
He said, “The girl did not wear any hijab nor put any hijab in her bag. What she put in her bag is not even my concern except the content is harmful. I did not search her bag; I didn’t send her away from school.
“She was unruly and I caned her. I gave her a punishment to serve but to my surprise, while I was still there she ignored me and was demanding for doughnut from two of her friends.
“I saw this as disrespect and I caned her.  This happened on Wednesday, November 20. The following day her mother came to my office and lambasted me. She promised to cause trouble in the school.
“On Monday, about 250 Muslims youths came to the school and headed straight to my office. They attacked me and turned my office upside down. I was admitted in the hospital. I have been discharged; I am okay partially.”
Meanwhile, Speaker of the Osun State House of Assembly, Mr. Najeem Salaam, has condemned the attack on the principal.
The Speaker, in a statement by his Press Secretary, Mr. Goke Butika, said, “The issue has nothing to do with the school reclassification exercise, but improper way of settling scores with the leadership of the school by some aggrieved persons.
“We should be mindful  of enemies of progress who only want to subvert the school reclassification exercise that has started yielding positive result  by attributing personal scores between  some aggrieved persons and the leadership of the school to the exercise.”

1 comment:

  1. Osun principal leaves hospital, denies removing pupil’s hijab

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: Comments on the site are not posted by the blog authur,blog readers are responsible for any comments posted on this site . please read, share your opinion and share with friends.thanks. if you got any hot gist for us dont forget to send them to es.okonye@gmail.com, es.okonye@yahoo.com, ogbuefiogochukwu@gmail.com, 0033758374272. Pin: 7F21AD55.

You Missed This Post?