"xmlns:fb"=''> * Welcome To Es.Okonye's Blog: I don’t want special qualities from a woman; I just want someone who loves me and is understanding - Flavour N'abania

Saturday, October 5, 2013

I don’t want special qualities from a woman; I just want someone who loves me and is understanding - Flavour N'abania



Nigeria musician, "Flavour Nabania" came into the music industry as any young artiste would, from the eastern part of the country. He was unsure of what the music industry held for him, but he is now a big shot in the industry and an ambassador to Globacom.

In this interview with,  he talks about his walk up the fame ladder, his endorsements and life’s travails.
This year seems like a very busy year for Flavour; you have lots of endorsements, shows and concerts.

It’s been wonderful, just like my last album that I titled Blessed. I really thank God for everything.
I’ve been able to do some things that I always dreamt of and I just feel God has been good to me. My last tour of Australia and the United States showed me how far I’ve come and how well things are going. I thank God and my people for their support.

Why did you pick the stage name ‘Flavour’?
I didn’t actually pick that name; people started calling me ‘Flavour’ when I used to play live band music at a bar in Enugu State. Before I started each performance, I would ask the crowd which flavour of music they wanted to hear. So, the name stuck from there, and I started calling myself ‘Flavour’ too.

How did your journey into singing start?
The ability to sing has always been there since my childhood. I was a drummer in church and I was very passionate about playing and singing in the choir. My pastor saw the zeal in me and sent me to a music school, where I got a scholarship.

So, I enhanced my talent before I started playing at local hangouts until I eventually put out my album.

What has been your highest point on stage so far?
I can’t really pick one particular point. I’ve been blessed to be on this level and I just thank God. I would say being able to make good music and get appreciated like I am right now is my topmost joy.

What has your musical career taught you about life?
A lot; but most importantly, it has taught me to always believe in myself, follow my dreams and work hard. With God, anything is possible. Life has a way of rewarding hardworking people.

With your good looks, how do you cope with advances from female fans?

(Laughs) I don’t cope; I enjoy them… Just kidding. It comes with the job and I just have to be careful not to hurt people’s feelings.
Have you been harassed by them before?
I won’t say I have been harassed, but yes, I’ve had experiences.

You travel a lot for concerts and shows. Does she not complain?

Right now, my music is my wife. Until I get married and settled before any ‘she’ can complain.

(Cuts in) I mean the woman in your life; does she not complain?  
There’s no woman for now.

What’s the most expensive item in your wardrobe?
I don’t know, because I don’t overspend on clothes. I try to buy what I feel good in, not just expensive brand names.

Aside the dramatic performance on stage, who is Flavour?
Flavour is a shy person, always indoors. I am passionate about music and football.

What has been your most painful experience in life?
I don’t keep record of painful events because I try to move on with life. Death is always a painful experience and I’ve lost family and friends. But I try to move on.

What did you dream of becoming as a little boy?   
I wanted to be a drummer. Music had always been my dream.

When you are overhyped, what/who makes you stay calm and remember your roots?
My dad’s advice always helps me stay focused, though I never get carried away or feel like I have arrived.

How do you spend your free time?
I play video games; I play football on the field or I just play my guitar.

What is the greatest thing you have done for love?
Hmm; that’s a hard one. (laughs). While growing up, I think I did some things I don’t think I can do now for love. But I am one person that can go the extra mile for love.

While growing up, who were your role models in the industry?
(The late) Chief (Osita) Osadebey, Fela and Bob Marley.

Aside your own music, which musician do you admire the most?
I admire a lot of my colleagues in the industry; people who have been in the system for a while, like 2Face.

What special qualities must your woman possess?
I don’t want special qualities; I just want someone who loves me and is understanding.

How has the journey been, through challenges, glamour and fame?
I thank God for everything. It wasn’t easy coming from the eastern part of Nigeria to start a musical carrier in Lagos. The journey wasn’t smooth, but now I am reaping the fruits of my labour.

Lots of musicians are delving into movies now. If you are approached for a movie that requires you to take your dreads off, how much would you charge?
Well, music and movies are like brothers because we act our songs in music videos too. Acting is not on my agenda for now, but with a mouth-watering offer, I think I will have a rethink (laughs).

Looking at your songs – from Oyi na tu mo to your latest song, Ada Ada – your songs are always love-related. Is Flavour a lover boy?
Hahaha! Yes, I am a lover man!

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments on the site are not posted by the blog authur,blog readers are responsible for any comments posted on this site . please read, share your opinion and share with friends.thanks. if you got any hot gist for us dont forget to send them to es.okonye@gmail.com, es.okonye@yahoo.com, ogbuefiogochukwu@gmail.com, 0033758374272. Pin: 7F21AD55.

You Missed This Post?